Even in the days of 2" magnetic tape, achieving the characteristic odd-order harmonic saturation and classic tape effects to your live sound was a near impossibility. Strymon's Deco Tape Saturation & Doubletracker pedal not only makes these effects possible, it puts them on your pedalboard in an easy-to-access format. With the Deco, you can dial in the rich harmonics you crave, double your sound, and thicken it up further with natural detuning, or go even further with auto flanging, chorusing, or full-on tape delay. And, in true Strymon style, there are tons of adjustable parameters onboard the Deco, allowing you to dial in a wide range of fun and inspiring tones.
Two fully detailed tape deck emulations in one
It's impressive enough that Strymon managed to pack one high-definition tape machine emulation in the Deco pedal, let alone two of them. But you don't have to dive deep to appreciate the quality of the Deco's processing - just roll up the saturation control and bask in the warm glow of the harmonic overtones. Up to about 10 o'clock, the Saturation effect is subtle, introducing the non-linear odd-order harmonics that make old-school engineers nostalgic for the days of 2" tape. Push the Saturation knob above 10 o'clock, and you achieve the effect of pushing the tape machine into the red. At 1 o'clock, the effect crosses over into lush and vibrant tape overdrive, which is absolutely amazing on your pedalboard, and when you blend in the Doubletracker sound in one of three unique modes, the range of thickening effects is absolutely astounding.
- Detailed recreation of the mechanics and technology of two vintage studio reel-to-reel tape decks and their interactions
- Nuanced sonic delivery of the classic saturation effects of the tape record/playback process
- Simple and intuitive Lag Time knob allows for slapback delays, tape echoes, tape flanging, tape chorusing
- Two Tape Saturation adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Saturation, Level
- Three Doubletracker adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Lag Time, Blend, Wobble
- Three Doubletracker blend types to tailor doubletracked sound: Sum, Invert, Bounce
- Five “hidden” knobs for deep tone tweaking: High Trim, Low Trim, Auto-Flange Time, Wide Stereo Mode, +/- 3dB Boost/Cut
- Press and hold studio-inspired Auto-Flange effect