Have Your Tone Anywhere, Anytime!
The Torpedo Captor X from Two Notes is a compact and portable reactive load box, amp attenuator, miked cab simulator, IR loader, and stereo expander, which gives you unprecedented control over your guitar’s tone in-home or onstage. Use the Torpedo Captor X to hit your amp with the optimal load for coaxing out its sweetest tone, then adjust the volume according to your playing situation. This is great for practicing with your true tone without driving your neighbors crazy or matching your volume to the size of a venue, so you don’t blow out the audience’s ears. Torpedo Captor X is also packed with creative bells and whistles that expand its functionality. Shape your tone in real time right from your laptop, mobile device, MIDI controller or the USB Torpedo Remote. And tap into Torpedo Captor X’s vast collection of virtual cabinets, mic combinations, and rooms for endless creative possibilities. Tired of lugging around a heavy cab to gig after gig? Guitarists at Sweetwater understand. So, ditch it, and patch directly into a live mixing console, portable PA, or audio interface and have your custom tones always at the ready. On top of that, the Torpedo Captor X includes an excellent selection of signal processors to get your guitar tone just right.
Expansive control options
Torpedo Captor X provides a handful of ways to control its parameters. Take command of Torpedo Captor X with your laptop, iOS, or Android mobile device, via MIDI, or with the USB Torpedo Remote. Select from 128 presets, or customize your own tones by combining Torpedo Captor X’s 32 meticulously modeled virtual cabinets, with eight microphone setups per cabinet and eight room simulations. Take a deeper dive with Torpedo Captor X’s onboard effects, including a stereo doubler, stereo reverb, aural enhancer, voicing controls, and a noise gate. And output your signal with one of three routing options: stereo, dual mono, and dry/wet.
Wall of Sound III plug-in for sonic flexibility after recording
With the Torpedo Captor X, you have access to the Wall of Sound III plug-in with additional cab sims, covering everything from compact speakers to full stacks. Record your amplifier through the Torpedo Captor to your DAW while bypassing the built-in speaker simulation, then use the Wall of Sound III plug-in to fine-tune the speaker simulation with control over virtual microphone type, mic placement and more. You’ll have more control over your tone during mixdown.
Two Notes Torpedo Captor X Features:
- Reactive load box, direct box, attenuator and speaker emulation for electric guitar amps (8 ohm)
- 100-watt reactive load box allows you to play your guitar amp without a speaker cabinet
- Selectable -38dB, -20dB, and 0dB, attenuator allows you to achieve cranked-amp tone at any volume level
- Speaker simulation is perfect for sending your amp's tone direct to a PA or recording device
- Speaker Thru allows you to connect direct and to a speaker cabinet simultaneously
- Control via computer, iOS or Android device, MIDI, or USB Torpedo Remote
- Collection of onboard processors, including stereo doubler, stereo reverb, aural enhancer, semi-parametric EQ, and noise gate
- 3 output routing options: stereo, dual mono, wet/dry
- Wall of Sound III cabinet model plug-in lets you achieve true-to-life studio miking of your amp within your DAW
- 1/4" headphone output